The towing insurance is a type of insurance generally needed for towage services, salvage and during towage of lad-up vessels.

For towage services; it is securing vessel within harbor within the scope of the H&M insurance. No additional insurance is needed but it is possible to request covers by informing P&I club.

For salvage services; it is required to take out “Salvor’s Liability” in addition to H&M policies.

During towage of laid-up vessels, vessels can be guaranteed based on the terms of CI.286 “Institute Voyage Clauses Hulls”. Accordingly, vessel can be insured by obtaining “Towage Certificate” and towage can be performed upon control of vessel during survey.